We had already taken all our documents with us to Russia on our last trip, so we thought we were done with paperwork. This afternoon our caseworker called and said they need three more documents, including photos of our house and of us with the girls, and all the documents need to be notarized and apostilled this afternoon, then sent overnight to the office in Grand Rapids, Michigan to arrive there by tomorrow morning, so they can be presented to a judge in Russia by next Wednesday. Otherwise, we may have to wait 'til September for a court date and bringing the girls home. Well, having only a couple hours was not enough time to figure out what we needed, select photos of us with the girls to show the judge, upload photos to Target for printing, schedule an appointment with a notary, drive to downtown Minneapolis to meet with a notary with Andy, then drive to downtown St. Paul in rush hour to get the documents apostilled before the office closed. Adding to the frustration, in the midst of trying to get all this done in a short period of time, I locked my keys in the car while picking up photos at Target, then later upon returning home, I discovered I locked myself out of the house!
I will plan to get all this taken care of tomorrow, but I don't know if the documents will arrive to Russia by next Wednesday, which could mean a September court date rather than a July or August one. Would you join us in praying that we would get a July or August court date? Thanks for praying!
Glad to pray for you to the God who is able!
ReplyDeletepraying
ReplyDelete